Subject: Some comment about Cygwin1.1.4
From: GRENON Richard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 19:45:18 +0200

Hello,

I wanted to do a full update of my installation with the new GUI setup
on last week-end and I was expecting for Cygwin1.1.3. Surprise ! It was
already Cygwin1.1.4 ! I hope that I connected to the good mirror as
everything seems to work well, but I noticed a little problem with
Xfree.

There is a rather long PS1 prompt defined with "strange" characters in
/etc/profile. In a bash window, this gives :

"(user name)@(machine name ) (current directory) (new line) $"

but this does not work in an xterm window. The three fields are not
evaluated and the prompt is printed with some of the "strange"
characters contained in its default definition in /etc/profile. Another
result is that the name of the xterm window is no longer "xterm" but
becomes "\w". Changing the default PS1 for a short printable character
string solves this little problem. Otherwise, everything seems to be OK
with Xfree.

Regards,

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA
 Departement d'Aerodynamique Appliquee - DAAP/ACI
 BP 72, 92322 CHATILLON CEDEX - FRANCE
 phone : +33 1 46 73 42 17
 fax   : +33 1 46 73 41 46
 mailto:[email-masked]
 http://www.onera.fr

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]