Subject: Re: Well, now I've really done it. [Was: Installation problems]
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 17:31:42 -0400

DJ Delorie wrote:
> 
> To force a re-install, you have to delete /etc/setup/installed.db
> 
> --

Yup, did that.  In fact, I deleted the whole /etc/setup tree, saving
only the things like /etc/passwd that I didn't want to recreate.

QUESTION: What should the "flags" value be in the Windows Registry
for the binary system mount points.  I have "0x0000000A (10)" based
on copying one that appeared correct.

Today, once again, the result was installing everything into the
black hole.  My /bin is empty, my /usr/% is empty.  My /head, I'm
not too sure about. 
Have a good weekend!
-- 
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"Don't buy or use crappy software"
"By the grace of God I am a Christian man, 
 by my actions a great sinner" -- The Way of a Pilgrim [R.M.French,
tr.]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]