Subject: Re: Minor cygwin/binutils problems
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:01:12 -0400

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 07:57:02AM -0700, Tim Prince wrote:
>I've been trying the standard binutils source (not the cygwin version),
>and it is not fully working for me.  I'm sure that's not news, but I'd
>like to know if there's a simple way to recover the binutils binaries
>which came with cygwin1.1.2 in order to do some comparison tests. Or
>even the source code of that and the current version.

Again, I suggest that if you are having problems, sending email to the
binutils mailing list is the best way to rectify them.

If you do this, please be advised that "not fully working for me" is not
really an adequate bug report.  I'm sure that the binutils readers will
appreciate more details.

cgf

>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Thomas Sailer" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Chris Faylor"
><[email-masked]>
>Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 4:01 AM
>Subject: Re: Minor cygwin/binutils problems
>
>
>>Chris Faylor wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 03:47:57PM +0200, Thomas Sailer wrote:
>>>>I'm having minor problems with recent cygwin binutils (I compiled them
>>>>by myself as cross tools hosted on both sun-sparc-solaris2.5.1 and
>>>>linux-i386 from the cygwin sources downloaded about 2 months ago).
>>>
>>>If you are having problems with binutils, then you probably should
>>>report them to the binutils mailing list, especially, if this is not
>>>the version that is available from the cygwin download site.
>>
>>They'll probably tell me to use their sources instead of those
>>distributed with cygwin 8-)
>>
>>But I've checked, the same problems also show up with the cygwin
>>binaries.
>>
>>Jeffrey Juliano wrote:
>>
>>>I, too, have been trying to build a cross compiler (linux and irix
>>>hosted variants).  I'm using sources from the cygwin latest directory.
>>>cygwin-1.1.2 vintage.
>>
>>Don't get me wrong, I can build .exe's and .dll's with the cross
>>compiler/binutils, they work and objdump recognizes binaries created by
>>ld.  That's why I wrote "minor problems" :)

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]