Subject: Trying for a horrid configuration
From: Dave Whiteley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 16:39:10 +0100 (BST)

I work in an educational institution, and am trying to convert people
to sane software. We have to move a little step at a time. We are (at
last) moving from teaching programming using Visual C to gcc.

As a linux adict I KNOW that bash is a better way to work than
command.com, however I need to setup the laboratory machines to allow
users to use the cygwin tools from a dos command prompt, and from
within a windows flavour of xemacs.

Looking through the documentation I cannot find details of what
environmental variables need setting up to do this.

any pointer on where to find this out?

Keep up the good work,
Dave

----------------------------------
E-Mail: Dave Whiteley <[email-masked]>
Date: 02-Aug-2000
Time: 16:29:41

This message has been disinfected. 
It does not contain the Linux .sig virus.
----------------------------------

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]