Subject: Minor cygwin/binutils problems
From: Thomas Sailer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 15:47:57 +0200

I'm having minor problems with recent cygwin binutils
(I compiled them by myself as cross tools hosted on both
sun-sparc-solaris2.5.1 and linux-i386 from the cygwin sources
downloaded about 2 months ago).

The following objdump version does not recognize executables
generated by other compilers, for example the 20.6 win32 emacs.exe,
but many others as well.

i686-pc-cygwin-objdump --version
GNU objdump 2.10.90
Copyright 1997, 98, 99, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms
of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no
warranty.

A significantly older version was ok:

i386-cygwin32-objdump --version
GNU objdump 2.9.4
Copyright 1997, 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms
of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no
warranty.

The following strip version renders DLL's unusable. The unstripped
DLL's worked, the stripped ones failed at LoadLibrary. I've tried
all strip options.

i686-pc-cygwin-strip --version
GNU strip 2.10.90
Copyright 1997, 98, 99, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms
of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no
warranty.

Tom

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]