Subject: Re: Cygwin 1.1.3-1 (g++) parser not sure how to deal with continuation '\'
From: Bob McGowan <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Garceau <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:10:03 -0700

Several UNIX environments provide dos2unix/unix2dos commands.  The
DJGPP  package includes a d2u/u2d that will process multiple files
(these may be on the web site:  www.delorie.com; I have them from a CD).

And sed can do it too:

    sed 's/^M$//' dosfile > unixfile

You may also need to deal with deleting a ^Z character at the "end" of
the file.  Using vi to create a script, you would need to use the ^V
escape method to enter the literal ^M.  I used the dollar sign to
replace only carriage returns at the end of lines, in case there is one
elsewhere in the file that should not change - not likely, but no need
to take chances;-)

Paul Garceau wrote:
> 
> On 1 Aug 2000, at 8:48, the Illustrious 13mb80000-HallM(10053584)37x1 wrote:
> 
> > >    Example:
> > >
---deleted example code and explanation---

-- 
Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer
VERITAS Software
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]