Subject: Re: Cygwin Announcements and FTP mirrors
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:33:47 -0400

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 09:35:33AM +0200, Patrice Gremeau wrote:
>I want to make a remark.
>
>Since several days, there have been a lot of annoucements for updated
>packages in cygwin/latest.  And every time it is the same: the FTP
>links points to incomplete, even empty sites and the only solution
>remains the 'busy site' sourceware.cygnus.com.  Thanks to do something
>about that.

The "ftp links" are intended to be used with the setup program.  They
aren't intended for you to use for downloading from some site.
Certainly the site names should be enough of a clue for you to scroll up
and down looking for a mirror site in setup's mirror dialog.

However, that said, I have tried the ftp links mentioned and they work
flawlessly.  They do not point to "incomplete" or "empty" sites.
Possibly you are confused because they do not take you directly to the
tar ball for you to download.  That is not the intent, of the
announcement, however.

You obviously have either cockpit, firewall, or other networking
problems.  I suggest that you just stick with setup.exe.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]