Subject: User with ID 544.
From: Jens Yllman <[email-masked]>
To: GNUWin32 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:36:18 +0200

Hi,

 When I install cygwin and do ls -l on the /bin all the files have owner
544. And that user is not in passwd with id 544. And files created in
winnt seem to get this owner in cygwin. What is that for kind of user.
There don't seem to be any way in cygwin to set the owner to the user
with id 544.

 This seem to have happened after I installed version 1.1.3 of cygwin.
Before the files had owner 'administrator' or id 500.

 What I also would like to know is how should I compile and install
programs like wget/cvs if I would like them to be installed with the
same owner as the rest of the files. Owner with id 544. I don't like the
files to be me as owner. Even if everybody have access to them. Like
them to be the same as the rest of the 'system' files.

 Jens Yllman

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]