Subject: Re: xemacs for cygwin lacks dired and shell functionality
From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]>
To: Terrence Brannon <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygnus <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jul 2000 17:05:26 +0200

>>>>> "Terrence" == Terrence Brannon <[email-masked]> writes:

    Terrence> As the title states the xemacs for cygwin lacks dired
    Terrence> and I have started to think in dired after 10+ years
    Terrence> of use. Furthermore you cant create subprocesses from
    Terrence> Xemacs under cygwin (I think). Another limitation.

    Terrence> I am slaving through trying to port GNU Emacs as I
    Terrence> write.

Software:  Xemacs-21.1 (XEmacs 21.1 "20 Minutes to Nikko" [Lucid] (i586-pc-cygwin32))

Dired, subprocess creation etc, etc works out of the box with Xemacs above.
I even have ldap support by compiling in

 o openldap-1.2.1 - http://www.openldap.org/

If you have problems compiling Xemacs send me email.

Ciao
  Volker

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]