Subject: Re: xemacs
From: Rod Whitby <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 28 Jul 2000 10:05:54 +0930

"Noel L Yap" <[email-masked]> writes:
> Does know where I can get xemacs for Cygwin?  I've tried to build it myself, but
> have gotten build errors.

XEmacs 21.1.10, 21.2.34 and 21.2.35 have all compiled out of the box
for me with Cygwin 1.1.2 and the pre-release 1.1.3, using the
following configure line for Cygwin:

./configure --with-x=no --site-includes=/usr/local/include --site-libraries=/usr/local/lib --with-dragndrop

There is one small problem with building 21.2.35 where src/xemacs.exe
is not getting the executable bit set during the build (when dumped
from temacs.exe).  Just "chmod ugo+x src/xemacs.exe", and type make
again.

-- 
-- Rod Whitby, Snr Staff Engr, Electronic Design Automation --
-- Motorola Australia Software Centre - Adelaide, Australia --
-- Phone: +61 8 8168 3526, Fax: +61 8 8168 3501, <GMT+9:30> --

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]