Subject: RE: how to disable the netsec package
From: Charles Ocheret <[email-masked]>
To: "'cygwin'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:25:06 -0700

As recommended (and assisted) by Earnie Boyd, I installed the 1.1.3
pre-release and the slowness problem as gone away.  Now, if I can figure out
why my .bashrc doesn't get run automatically, I'll be in business. ;-)

Thanks to all,
~chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Corinna Vinschen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 1:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: how to disable the netsec package

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> I have a slowness problem with Cigwin, on Windows NT4.0
> 
> As far as I understand, each time I do a single : ls, the computer tries
> to find my "sig", and for that it has to do a request to the domain
> controler.
> In my case, I am in France, and my domain controler is in the US. So the
> request is very slow.
> And my simple ls is processed after a few seconds.
> 
> This would come from the netsec package (network security). So would it be
> possible to disable this package in my case ?

You will find that in the online documentation. Disable ntsec
by erasing the string `ntsec' from the environment variable
CYGWIN or replace it by the string `nontsec'.

On the other hand, the slowness problem will be solved in the
soon coming 1.1.3 release of Cygwin.

Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer                        mailto:[email-masked]
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]

****************************************************************************
IMPORTANT NOTICES:
****************************************************************************
This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify the sender
by e-mail if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this
message or its content to any other person and any such actions may be
unlawful.  Electronic mail sent through the Internet is not secure.
WR Hambrecht + Co (WRH) does not accept time sensitive, action-oriented
messages or transaction orders, including orders to purchase or sell
securities, via e-mail.

WRH reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages
sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail
address may be stored on the WRH e-mail system.
****************************************************************************

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]