Subject: RE: how to disable the netsec package
From: [email-masked]
To: Charles Ocheret <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'cygwin'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:36:58 +0200

I did the same, and it didn't work either. The system always wants to know 
my "sig", and so it requests the domain controler, which is very slow...

Laurent Mirguet
GSM : 06 09 13 24 04
ICQ : 37934822

Charles Ocheret <[email-masked]>
07/27/00 06:20 PM

        To:     "'cygwin'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        RE: how to disable the netsec package

I did find the specific documentation in the User's Guide, thanks.  There
was no default setting for CYGWIN.  I invoked

export CYGWIN=nontsec

with no success.  Everything remains just as slow as before.  Then I went
ahead and added CYGWIN to the environment on the System control panel.  No
luck there either. 

Can you supply the magic recipe?  Or let us know when 1.1.3 is due out?

Regards,
~chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Corinna Vinschen [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 2:52 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: cygwin
Subject: Re: how to disable the netsec package

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> I have no CYGWIN environment variable on my machine. Should I setup one 
?
> And what should I write in it ?

Again: You will find that in detail in the online documentation.
The URL is

                 http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/docs.html

For switching ntsec off set it to `nontsec'.

Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer                        mailto:[email-masked]
Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]

****************************************************************************
IMPORTANT NOTICES:
****************************************************************************
This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify the sender
by e-mail if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this
message or its content to any other person and any such actions may be
unlawful.  Electronic mail sent through the Internet is not secure.
WR Hambrecht + Co (WRH) does not accept time sensitive, action-oriented
messages or transaction orders, including orders to purchase or sell
securities, via e-mail.

WRH reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages
sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail
address may be stored on the WRH e-mail system.
****************************************************************************

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]