Subject: Re: Couple of nits about Cygwin
From: "Kendall Bennett" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:18:28 -0800

DJ Delorie <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >  1. When you start a bash shell, the cursor flashes at a reasonable 
> > rate, but when you start typing it generally disappears from view. 
> 
> Found it.  WriteFile() to the console causes the cursor to dissapear
> for a bit.  Setting the cursor position makes it show up again.  Try
> the attached patch (I'll try it myself later, but the machine is in
> the middle of a big build I don't want to interrupt).

Aha! Excellent stuff!

Unfortunately I only just re-installed Cygwin again and I don't have 
a build environment set up so I can't try the patch myself. It looks 
like Chris Faylor made a few changes also to clean it up.

I assume this will make it into the next public DLL build? Any idea 
when that would be? I might try apply Chris's patch on my system to 
see if I can get it all to build myself.

Regards,

+---------------------------------------------------------------+
|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: [email-masked]    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]