Subject: Re: instalation in other than c:\
From: "Kendall Bennett" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:18:28 -0800

DJ Delorie <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Ahh, I did see those options but given the layout of the dialog box I 
> > thought the 'system/user' option was something related to the mount 
> > point!
> 
> It is.  It determines whether the mounts are places in HKLM
> (system) or HKCU (user).  However, I have since reworded it (the
> latest setup on sources had it) to be more obvious about the
> consequences of the choice, not the direct effect. 

Yep, it is much clearer now, thanks!

However there is one major catch with this. If you put the registry 
keys under HKLM, on Windows 2000 you need Administrator privledges to 
be able to access that registry tree. I did an install to the system 
on my box, and both the Administrator and KendallB accounts worked 
fine, but regular users did not see the registry settings!

I am not quite sure how you are supposed to fix this, but for the 
moment I still have to manually create the correct keys for regular 
users.

Regards,

+---------------------------------------------------------------+
|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: [email-masked]    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]