Subject: Re: instalation in other than c:\
From: "Kendall Bennett" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:05:07 -0800

DJ Delorie <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Eh? You must be using a pre-release version of setup.exe, since the 
> > version I am using (downloaded late last week, and dated 7/13/2000 
> > 10:37PM) simply asks me where to install from (current directory in 
> > my case as I use a mirror program to pull everything down), and then 
> > asks me where to put it all and that's it. It goes on directly and 
> > starts installing. 
> 
> Go to http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ and click on the "install
> cygwin now" icon in the upper right.  That's a link to the latest
> setup.exe (the same as the one in the ftp area).  The second
> dialog, where it asks you for the path to the cygwin root
> directory, also has a "Default Text File Type" selection (dos or
> unix), and an "Install for" selection (all or just me).  Did you
> see those options? 

Ahh, I did see those options but given the layout of the dialog box I 
thought the 'system/user' option was something related to the mount 
point!

Hence I would suggest a good change to the dialog box would be to 
sepatate those radio buttons into a separate group and put a 
description on the system/user group so it is clearer what the radio 
buttons represent ;-)

Regards,

+---------------------------------------------------------------+
|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: [email-masked]    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]