Subject: Re: Couple of nits about Cygwin
From: "Kendall Bennett" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:05:07 -0800

DJ Delorie <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >  1. When you start a bash shell, the cursor flashes at a reasonable 
> > rate, but when you start typing it generally disappears from view. 
> 
> This has always bothered me, but I always thought it was NT doing
> it. Testing in the MS-DOS window shows that it's not NT.  Sigh. 

No, it is definately not NT. If I telnet from a regular command 
prompt to a Linux box the cursor works fine. However telnetting from 
a bash shell has the same problem as the bash shell itself.

Also I noticed that the cursor block is slightly larger than a 
regular NT command prompt window.

Any ideas about what would be causing this? I assume that bash goes 
through the curses library to access the NT console, so perhaps this 
is a bug in the NT version of curses? That might be an easy place to 
try and track this down...

Regards,

+---------------------------------------------------------------+
|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: [email-masked]    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]