Subject: Couple of nits about Cygwin
From: "Kendall Bennett" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:46:46 -0800

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of nits that I would like to pick about Cygwin. 
Mostly I am trying to find out if anyone knows what causes this, and 
if there is something that could be done about it. If I can zero in 
on the problem code, I would be willing to take a look at this myself.

 1. When you start a bash shell, the cursor flashes at a reasonable 
rate, but when you start typing it generally disappears from view. 
Normally in NT when you start typing something, the cursor remains as 
a solid block vertical bar until you stop typing, so you can tell 
where you are at. Ie: with bash if you start using the arrow keys to 
move around in the command line, you have to pause every so often to 
let the cursor flash so you can see where you are at! Any ideas on 
how to fix this? 
 
 2. Bash seems a lot slower at responding to commands than a regular 
command shell on NT. Bash on Linux is very responsive, so it must be 
something inherent in Cygwin. Is this something that is a known 
issue? I assume it would be solved already if it was simple, so I am 
mostly curious.

Regards,

+---------------------------------------------------------------+
|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: [email-masked]    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]