Subject: Problems under domain account on Win2k RE: Problems with zsh 3.1.9 and cygwin
From: "Andrej Borsenkow" <[email-masked]>
To: "Andrej Borsenkow" <[email-masked]>, "Mike Boilen" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ZSH workers mailing list" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:07:45 +0400

>
> > >
> > >       0 [main] zsh 18877 handle_exceptions: Exception:
> > > STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
> > >     913 [main] zsh 18877 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to
> > > zsh.exe.stackdump
> > >
> > > and the following stackdump:
> >
> > I understand, that it is of little help, but I can build and
> > run current
> > Zsh code (I do not remember, if I tried stock 3.1.9 - but it is very
> > probable) in exactly the above configuration.
>
> Sorry, I was wrong. It appeared, that I had outdated Cygwin already (I
> have not seen any announcements so assumed there was nothing new).
> Obviously, binutils have changed, so I get now exactly the same crash.
> Damn ... I just downloaded Cygwin, downloaded updated ld.exe
> but no way.
>

This particular problem was due to tgetent() problem. Zsh tests, if
tgetent() accepts null pointer for buffer. Unfortunately, test always
succeeded, but running under gdb showed, that Zsh crashed in
tgetent(0,"cygwin").

But really weird was when I recompiled Zsh without TGETENT_ACCEPTS_NULL.
Now, Zsh correctly starts under local account but crashes under domain
account!!!

The problem is, that, as was already mentioned on cygwin list, gdb also
does not work under domain account. That means, that

- either I have working gdb and zsh and nothing to debug
- or both do not work and I have no way to debug

Usage of printf would be nice IF I had the slightest idea where it
crashes.

I'm running under Win2k professional with 128 bit security (hmm, may
this be a problem?). It is a member of NT4 domain; domain controller is
NT4SP6a.

-andrej

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]