Subject: Re: cygwin software development tools
From: "Paul Garceau" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:36:36 -0800

Hi Chris,

On 19 Jul 00, at 20:12, the Illustrious Chris Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 05:06:57PM -0800, Paul Garceau wrote:
> >	While we are on this particular subject...are there gnu-source
> >collections for the utilities listed at the aforementioned site?
> > >	Granted, it is somewhat of an overkill to have gobs of
> >utilities when only a very few are ever really needed...in this
> >case I am thinking of cmp, cp and rm...
> 
> You do realize that these are all available for download from the
> cygwin site, right?

	Yup! ;-) (I assume you are speaking of the binaries, and not 
necessarily the source)...problem is that I have no guarantee 
that the binaries available from Cygwin site can run w/o 
cygwin1.dll somewhere on the path.

	In all the years I've been working with Gnu Win32 stuff, I 
started with Cygwin B17, and then went to a minimalist approach. 
 Now I am porting from Cygwin to Mingw amongst other things.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]