Subject: Re: STATUS ACCESS VIOLATION - Transferring Flex & Bison to another m achine - Advice needed
From: "Paul Garceau" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:44:38 -0800

Hi folks,

On 18 Jul 00, at 15:29, the Illustrious Killion, Richard wrote:

> 
> 
> I am transferring a flex/bison environment from one Win 95
> machine to mine and get a Status Access violation with the new
> machine.  
> 
> I would like to know what I am missing. ( The engineer just left
> & I need it on my machine to continue his development.) 
> 
> I do not have access to a B19 setup.exe program.

	I know this may not sound very helpful, but the B19 version is 
extremely outdated and has not ever really supported the Win95 
machines very well.  I am well aware of deadline pressure.

	The latest release is using newer flex/bison utilities and has 
a number of upgrades to everything including the shell, 
binutils, compiler and a tc/tkl  based debugger(Insight/Gdb).
	It may be the quickest solution, though I doubt that it 
actually directly addresses the problem you've been having with 
bison/flex...at any rate, 
	
	forgive me, please --- but I need to ask:  Why not simply 
update your Cygwin development environment to the latest Cygwin 
release (1.1.2)?
  	The latest download release includes precompiled flex/bison 
as standard download packages afair (as far as I remember).  If 
you are working on developing binutils, the latest binutil 
update included with Cygwin download will proove to be a great 
improvement over Cygwin B19 -- believe me, I've used both over 
the years.

	If the problem persists (after about an hour of download time 
depending on your line speeds and a recompile), then we, the 
mailing list, can better answer the question...in fact, the 
question may become moot...I hope that this helps...

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]