Subject: Re: Help - B2.02 Under Nt 4.0 SP5 (sygwin1.dll) internal process tabl e and ps.exe
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "Parsons, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:40:31 -0400

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 03:51:41PM +0100, Parsons, Jim wrote:
>We are currently running bash 2.02 under Windows Nt 4.0 Service pack 5
>and CYGWIN1.dll.  We appear to have a problem with bash commands
>hanging.
>
>Under further investigation we found that the internal bash "Process
>table" contained 60+ processes by using the "ps -al" command.  This
>command lists both the "WINPIDS and Bash's own PID" and from looking at
>this list, they were only about 25 processes which were actual
>processes.

This is the cygwin process table that you are looking at, not the "bash"
process table.

Regardless, the version of cygwin that you are running is old.  I don't
think that there is anyone who will be able to offer much insight into
your problem.

Check out the project web page at:

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

for information about upgrading.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]