Subject: Network and inetd
From: Walter Garcia-Fontes <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:10:00 +0200

I've installed all my cygwin stuff on a network drive (on a Novell
network). There is no problem to run the compilers or the shells and
utilities with everything there, but is it a problem to run inetd? I
haven't been able to set it up, for instance if I run login from a bash
command prompt, I can authenticate the user correctly but when it wants
to run /bin/sh it complains that it cannot find cygwin1.dll. It also
occurs to me that if inetd is started automatically before any user is
logged on inetd will not be able to access a network drive and therefore
inetd will not find the cygwin dll. Is this correct?

I've searched the archives and saw that it may be useful to run inetd
from a different account than LocalSystem, since this account does not
have access to the network, but in my setup one I install inetd as a
service everything is greyed out and I can't choose another account. And
in any case this doesn't explain why I can't run login from a command
prompt.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Walter Garcia-Fontes
Barcelona

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]