Subject: Permission to include cygwin in attached CD-ROM of a programming book.
From: "Pedro Pereira" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Manuela Sousa" <[email-masked]>, "Pimenta Rodrigues" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 11:51:21 +0100

Dear Sirs,

We are Portuguese professors of computer science in ISEL (Instituto Superior
de Engenharia de Lisboa - Lisbon's Engineering Superior Institute) and we
are writing a set of three volumes corresponding to three programming
syllabuses that we teach in the first three semesters of the computer
science course, respectively:
	Programming (www.deec.isel.pt/programacao/pg);
	Algorithms and Data Structures (www.deec.isel.pt/programacao/aed);
	And Object Oriented Programming (www.deec.isel.pt/programacao/poo).

Of these volumes we already published the first and have just concluded the
second one, which will be published by FCA (a Portuguese publishing
company – www.fca.pt), before the next semester.
A CD-ROM, containing exercises to analyze and develop, will follow the
second volume in preparation. In this volume, we strictly adopted the
standard ANSI/ISO and, as support for teaching and preparation of the
exercises in the text, we use cygwin with the related tools.

Due to the didactic purpose of the volume, we feel free to ask for your
permission to include in the attached CD-ROM, along with the exercises, the
current version of cygwin. Please inform us about the receptivity of our
request, so we can instruct the publisher to a direct contact with You, in
order to settle all the details.

Regardless the acceptance of our demand, we would like to declare the much
admiration and respect You deserve, for the posture you assume in public
spreading and availability of your immense and excellent work, a very rare
example in scientific scene, contrasting with the aggressiveness of the
commercial markets that inhabit the sector, and enables the hope in a rising
fraternal scientific community, to which will be joy to belong.

About any mercantilism in preparing the edition of these volumes, it is
enough to relate that the edition is in Portuguese, will be of approximately
1500 units and that the three authors had spent two years preparing each of
the two already concluded volumes.

Grateful for your attention, we send our profuse compliments.

Pimenta Rodrigues ([email-masked]);
Pedro Pereira ([email-masked]);
Manuela Sousa ([email-masked]).

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]