Subject: cannot run CMD.EXE
From: "Pavel Kudrna" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 23:22:46 +0200

Hello,
when I try to run CMD.EXE from bash the program is not found 
although the correct full path is specified (see below).
If I change directory towards CMD.EXE it is OK, cmd.exe is 
found.

bash2.04 /cygdrive/c $ /cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/CMD.EXE
The name specified is not recognized as an
internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
bash2.04 /cygdrive/c $ cd /cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32
bash2.04 /cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32 $ cmd
Microsoft(R) Windows NT(TM)
(C) Copyright 1985-1996 Microsoft Corp.

c:\WINNT\system32>exit

If the directory c:\winnt\system32 is included in %PATH% it 
is also OK.
Is it problem of uppercase/lowercase or what does it mean?
Thanks
Pavel Kudrna.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]