Subject: Error: undefined reference to `_imp__pcre_malloc'
From: Andreas Bergstrøm <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:10:32 +0200

I am trying to port/compile exim-3.15 under Cygwin. But my attempt fails
before it even starts. I get these 'undefined reference to
'_imp__pcre_malloc'' errors, but there are no _imp__* references in the
mentioned .c and linked .h files.

I've looked through the archives, but I found nothing that seemed
relevant.

Is this just me doing something wrong, or is it cygwin?

May you live long and spamless,

Andreas Bergstrøm

---- Output of STDERR from make:----
pcretest.o(.text+0x140d):pcretest.c: undefined reference to `_imp__pcre_malloc'
libpcre.a(get.o)(.text+0xa1):get.c: undefined reference to `_imp__pcre_malloc'
libpcre.a(get.o)(.text+0x14b):get.c: undefined remake[2]: Leaving directory `/exim-3.15/build-CYGWIN_98-4.10-i386/pcre'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/exim-3.15/build-CYGWIN_98-4.10-i386'
)(.text+0x19):maketables.c: undefined reference to `_imp__pcre_malloc'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [pcretest] Error 1
make[1]: *** [buildpcre] Error 2
make: *** [go] Error 2

-- 
HTTP://www.thespambuster.net/
Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE! == http://www.euro.cauce.org/
Using Linux? Register at: http://counter.li.org/
Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people. - Giordano Bruno

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]