Subject: Re: Providing a working "lp" in cygwin?
From: Rod Whitby <[email-masked]>
To: Rick Rankin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 11 Jul 2000 12:19:05 +0930

[This is verging on off-topic for the Cygwin list, as the answer to my
question is probably not Cygwin-specific, but I figure that lots of
Cygwin users are looking for an lpr replacement, and others may be
having the same problem.]

Rick Rankin <[email-masked]> writes:
> Have you tried setting the default paper size via Control Panel?

Yep, it's A4.  One salient point is that I changed PRN to the address
of a network printer (a duplexing A4 laserjet printer).  The printout
appears on the printer, but the printer think's it's a Letter document
(even though the printer defaults are set to A4), and won't print it
until I override the paper setting on the printer (which has to be
done for each and every job).

Is there a better way to redirect the output to a network printer,
which doesn't mess with the paper size (or at least takes note of the
default paper size in the Control Panel) ?

-- 
-- Rod Whitby, Snr Staff Engr, Electronic Design Automation --
-- Motorola Australia Software Centre - Adelaide, Australia --
-- Phone: +61 8 8203 3526, Fax: +61 8 8203 3501, <GMT+9:30> --

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]