Subject: Using 'nm' with odbc32.lib
From: "John F. Masinter" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:08:53 -0400

I am trying to create a libodbc32.a from the MS Platform SDK's odbc32.lib.
A very helpful post was made to this list over a year ago by Toby Popenfoose
with detailed instructions on how to do this. Here is the original article:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/1999-03/msg00320.html

The problem is that 'nm' doesn't want to work with the current odbc32.lib 
provided the sdk. When I do a "nm odbc32.lib" all I get is a bunch of messages 
saying "nm: ODBC32.dll: File format not recognized"

I also tried the MS SDK's tool "lib /list odbc32.lib" and instead of getting
a list of objects contained in the lib, I got a bunch of lines saying only
"ODBC32.dll"

What's up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S: I'm not on the list so please CC' me when replying. Thanks!

                              ,,,
                             (oo)
  ----------------------o0Oo-(_)-oO0o-----------------------
  |    John F. Masinter      Total Business Computing Inc. |
  |    V: (770) 886-9100            F: (770) 886-9619      |
  | mailto:[email-masked]        http://www.totalb.com    |
  |     P.O. Box 88584               Atlanta, GA 30356     |
  ------------------------ooO--Ooo--------------------------

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]