Subject: Cygnus + VIM
From: Shiv Kumar <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>, Vim Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 14:34:15 +0530

Hi group

I am happy that the latest release is bundled with Cygwin version of VIM. Way to
go!

  1. Why do we have these two files, vi.exe and vim.exe in the /bin directory?
     Is there any difference between the two.

  2. If I try to run another VIM script (eg matchit.vim) using :source command
     inside VIM or in _vimrc file, it complains about trailing ^M characters.
     But I dont see any ^M chars in that file.

  3. Some of my map commands does not work. Eg, :map <C-Q> :q!<CR> does not work
     when I press CTRL+q. Similarly <C-S> also does not work.

  4. Any file with :syntax on is very hard to read with a black background. The
     colors were all decent when I used Win32 version of VIM. Where does
     cygwin-vim pick sytax coloring from?

Any help? Thanks.
--
shiv
[email-masked]

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]