Subject: Win2000 mount points and Cygwin
From: Bob McGowan <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 14:23:11 -0700

Windows 2000 has introduced the idea of a "mount point" to handle large
numbers of disk partitions (beyond the number handled by the alphabet). 
From a command prompt, the DIR command shows these items as <JUNCTION>
while Explorer shows a disk icon rather than a folder.

Problem is that Cygwin (I'm using the CD v. 1.0, no updates) does not
recognize this new thing.  I have not seen any discussion of this
Windows feature in the list yet.  Is this a known issue, maybe even
fixed in a recent snapshot?

Thanks,

-- 
Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer
VERITAS Software
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]