Subject: Problem with libtermcap
From: Michael Ring <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:05:24 +0200

Hi!

While porting vim-5.7 to cygwin I had the following problem with the
termcap-20000618-1.tar.gz package:

During configure vim could not find termcap support so i forced vim to
use it.

At linktime the linker produced the following error:

/usr/lib/libtermcap.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index;
run ranlib
to add one
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

After running ranlib on libtermcap configure was able to find termcap
support and the error message went away.

It seems to me that the termcap-package needs to be replaced by a
fixed version.

Greetings,

Michael Ring

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]