Subject: how to link function sopen
From: "Vlad Soutyrine" <[email-masked]>
To: "'cygwin'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:14:34 -0700

I am testing rsync under NT.  It works basically fine with one exception.
If a file that rsync is trying to replace is open in other application,
rsync fails even if the file is open in a shared mode.

I've noticed that using function "sopen" instead of "open" for file copying
solves the problem.  I did testing with VC++ compiler.

I can compile fine under Cygwin with the call of sopen, but the linking
fails, however.

I found definition of function "sopen" in file /usr/include/mingw32/io.h
Looks like it is a part of package Mingw32.  However, when I try to link
library libmingw32.a I am getting error messages like

/lib/libmingw32.a(dirent.o)(.text+0x1d):dirent.c: undefined reference to
`_errno'

Is that correct library to use?
How would I link a library with function "sopen" correctly?

Thank you very much,
Vlad

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]