Subject: Cant' get <mount> command to work...
From: "Dave Arnold" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "mail and news" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:48:45 -0700

can anyone tell me how to mount my d:\ or e:\ drives under
my root directory /  ?

I've seen examples of how to do this...I believe it's called
and 'identity' mount.

I tried these ways but

mount d:\  /d
mount d:\ /cygdrive/d

and also with different combinations of flags in other attempts
like -f -s -b -t -u

Every time the usage instructions for mount are displayed and then
when I view the mount table, nothing has changed.

I Just see /usr/bin  /usr/lib and /

Strange to me though is the fact that I simply did a cd d:
and 'pwd' showed  /cygdrive/d

I could do this for any of the drives on my computer e: f: g: h:
each seen with pwd as /cygdrive/<drive letter>

Why is this? Does it mean that there's no need to perform a mount?
Why do I need mount then?  I would like be able to just do a cd /d
or cd /e from the bash.exe$ prompt.

If I want directories to appear under my root /  or /usr then I should
just use a hard link?

I thought mount was to make other drives/devices appear as subdirectories
of a mount point.  Could it be that all of my drives are on the same hard
disk
device? They are just separate partitions on the same disk.

thanks,
/dAVe

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]