Subject: Testing a freshly built cygwin1.dll
From: Gilles-Claude Rajaobelina <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:08:26 +0200

Hi all,
Is there any recommended way to "safely" test a freshly built winsup in
the real worlds?
After the build completed, I issued

$ make -w check

which failed as:

make: Entering directory `/obj/winsup/src'
make[1]: Entering directory `/obj/winsup/src/etc'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/obj/winsup/src/etc'
make[1]: Entering directory `/obj/winsup/src/libiberty'
make[2]: Entering directory `/obj/winsup/src/libiberty/testsuite'
echo 'int prepends_underscore = 0;' > test-us.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O3 -I..
-I/src/CYGWIN/winsup/src/libiberty/testsuite/../../include  -o
test-filter -DMAIN -DVERSION='"none"' -DHAVE_CONFIG_H \
 /src/CYGWIN/winsup/src/libiberty/testsuite/../cplus-dem.c test-us.c
-L.. -liberty
/tmp/cc5CIort.o: In function `consume_count_with_underscores':
/src/CYGWIN/winsup/src/libiberty/testsuite/../cplus-dem.c:556: undefined
reference to `_imp___ctype_'
/src/CYGWIN/winsup/src/libiberty/testsuite/../cplus-dem.c:530: undefined
reference to `_imp___ctype_'
/src/CYGWIN/winsup/src/libiberty/testsuite/../cplus-dem.c:531: undefined
reference to `_imp___ctype_'
/src/CYGWIN/winsup/src/libiberty/testsuite/../cplus-dem.c:537: undefined
reference to `_imp___ctype_'
/tmp/cc5CIort.o: In function `cplus_demangle_opname':
/src/CYGWIN/winsup/src/libiberty/testsuite/../cplus-dem.c:687: undefined
reference to `_imp___ctype_'
/tmp/cc5CIort.o:/src/CYGWIN/winsup/src/libiberty/testsuite/../cplus-dem.c:1271:
more undefined references to `_imp___ctype_' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [test-filter] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/obj/winsup/src/libiberty/testsuite'
make[1]: *** [check-subdir] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/obj/winsup/src/libiberty'
make: *** [check-libiberty] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/obj/winsup/src'
Command exited with non-zero status 2

For I know I cant hurt anyone else but me on my workstation, I decided
to proceed to successfully install anyway, and from linux

$ rlogin raja -l gcr
Password:
CYGWIN_NT-4.0 RAJA 1.1.2(0.21/3/2) 2000-06-06 22:20 i686 unknown
Sat Jun 24 07:06:00  2000
user  gcr Logged on raja
D:\usr\local\bin\perl.exe: *** shared region is corrupted.  inited 15
      0 [main] ? 0 lock_pinfo_for_update: rc 0, pinfo_mutex 0xFFFFFFFF,
Win32 error 6
$ /bin/uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-4.0 RAJA 1.1.2(0.21/3/2) 2000-06-06 22:20 i686 unknown
$

Somewhere my .bashrc relies on perl, so thou painful I was ready to
rebuild perl against the new cygwin1.dll, but

$ /usr/local/bin/ls --version
D:\usr\local\bin\ls.exe: *** shared region is corrupted.  inited 15
      0 [main] ? 0 lock_pinfo_for_update: rc 0, pinfo_mutex 0xFFFFFFFF,
Win32 error 6
$

Do all above mean I have to rebuild all /usr/local/bin/*.exe or should
first solve some obvious (to gurus) errors first?

Regards

--
Gilles-Claude Rajaobelina \\\///    | mailto:[email-masked] |
GNU'ries                  (o  o)    | http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gcr \\\///      |
                       oOO--(_)--OOo| Tel:(33)01.xx.xx.xx.xx      (o  o)      |
78340 Les Clayes sous Bois, FRANCE  | Fax:(33)01.xx.xx.xx.xx  oOO--(_)--OOo   |

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]