Subject: Re: make win32 chokes on lone tab
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:26:46 -0400

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 05:01:39PM -0600, Scott Carter wrote:
>We were having some real frustrating problems with make, but eventually
>(by chance) tracked the problem down to this: If the final (or any)
>command in a rule is an "empty command" (as it's referred to in the
>documentation)(that is, the line begins with a tab, but is otherwise
>empty -- which, in most editors, looks like a blank line), make will
>terminate with a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error.

This was very easy to track down.  Running the program under gdb
immediately uncovered the problem.

I will be making a new release of make-3.79-2 shortly.

Btw, please do not send email to [email-masked].  That
is for customers who have purchased the cygwin product.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]