Subject: Re: Hello again
From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Larmour)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:54:35 +0100
Newsgroups: cygnus.gnu-win32

In article <[email-masked]> you write:
>
>The default installation creates the mount points in the user hive (HKCU),
>so they aren't available to other users.  When starting without any mount
>information, I believe Cygwin will default to / == C:\.  You can either just
>create the same mount points for the new user (mount also defaults to HKCU),
>or alternatively, move the mount points to the system hive (HKLM) by using
>the "-s" option, at which point they will be available to all users.

I can't help but think that if the user running setup has the appropriate
admin privileges, setup should ask if the default mount points should be
system ones. If possible, system mount points should be the default for
those mounts.

I know, I know, send a patch...

Jifl
-- 
Red Hat, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK. CB2 1NS  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow."  ||  These opinions are all my own fault

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]