Subject: setup-1_48
From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Larmour)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:24:07 +0100
Newsgroups: cygnus.gnu-win32

Hi DJ,

I used setup-1_48 to install cygwin. Now if I run "setup-1_48 -u" every
package except cygwin-1.1.2.tar.gz is re-downloaded. From the registry
it appears that the only "installed component" is c:\cygwin. Here's the
relevant cygcheck excerpt:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Installed Components
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Installed Components\C:/cygwin           

So it seems that setup-1_48 doesn't update the list of installed components.

Just FYI really. I know this new setup is not meant to be live yet, but
this is an obvious issue.

Jifl
-- 
Red Hat, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK. CB2 1NS  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow."  ||  These opinions are all my own fault

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]