Subject: Re: Interface between Cygwin and NT CMD Shell
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:05:10 -0400

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 09:54:07AM -0400, Zhiguang Qian wrote:
>I'd like to know the interface between Cygwin and NT CMD shell. I am
>working on a project integrating an application with NT using Cygwin
>bash. I have to invoke cygwin bash to run boune shell scripts. What does
>cygwin bash return to CMD shell? How to test the return from cygwin
>bash?
>
>I think this is importent to know this interface because we'd like to
>integrete cygwin with other developing tools.

You are aware that the Cygwin library is GPLed, right?  That means that
if you are developing a commercial application with cygwin you should
contact [email-masked] unless you are planning on releasing
GPLed applications.

As far as what cygwin returns, since I'm not exactly sure what you're
asking for, you'd probably be best served by inspecting the code and
experimenting with simple test programs.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]