Subject: RE: weird hanging problems with cygwin v1.1.2
From: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
To: "Larry Hall \(RFK Partners, Inc\)" <[email-masked]>, John Pollock <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:01:11 -0700 (PDT)

-8<-

This is a definite problem.  I have a laptop that I have Cygwin installed on
with a NT4 sp4 OS.  When using Cygwin at the office I notice little slow down
once I turn of the Virus Scanner.  I, also notice that I see little problem if
I boot with no network setup when I'm at home.  However, if I boot up with
network setup and am connected to my mini-hub the lights flicker and the
process of accessing the drives are delayed.

I don't have networked drives in my path and the only thing of interest in the
strace was the emulated /etc/password and /etc/group files which I believe to
be the problem here.  I have nontsec set in my CYGWIN variable; but I believe
that is the default anyway.

Regards,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: <mailto:[email-masked]>
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: <http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
  Mingw32 List: <http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/>
    Mingw Home: <http://www.mingw.org/>

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]