Subject: RE: weird hanging problems with cygwin v1.1.2
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: "John Pollock" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:03:34 -0400

At 03:34 PM 6/16/2000, John Pollock wrote:
>no, 'cause i had turned off Norton AntiVirus prior to my 2nd round of
>experimentation.  There are, however, a few interesting things which i've
>plucked out using filemon.exe:
>
>
>3:08:28 PM      LSASS.EXE       IRP_MJ_CREATE   \NTCURLDEV\PIPE\lsarpc  SUCCESS
>Attributes: Any Options: Open
>3:08:28 PM      LSASS.EXE       IRP_MJ_SET_INFORMATION  \NTCURLDEV\PIPE\lsarpc  SUCCESS
>FilePipeInformation
>3:08:28 PM      LSASS.EXE       FSCTL_PIPE_TRANSCEIVE   \NTCURLDEV\PIPE\lsarpc  SUCCESS
>WriteLen: 72 ReadLen: 1024
>3:08:28 PM      LSASS.EXE       FSCTL_PIPE_TRANSCEIVE   \NTCURLDEV\PIPE\lsarpc  SUCCESS
>WriteLen: 92 ReadLen: 1024
>
>
>"NTCURLDEV" is the name of the NT domain to which my machine belongs.  It's
>been down for days, which isn't a problem because i log in as a local user
>to my NT box.  However, filemon shows that each time i run a cygwin tool
>like ls, cygwin is doing something network-related, even when i'm doing an
>ls of a local disk (C:).  Same with rm.  I just got the domain back up again
>and the delays appear to have disappeared.  This is disturbing, tho; why are
>these commands network-dependent at all?  This wasn't the case with the
>previous version of cygwin i was using (b20)
>
>There's also mention in the filemon log about scans of c:\etc\passwd (there
>for sshd purposes) and i'm not sure why that's getting looked at either.
>
>John

How about your HOME environment variable?  What's it set to?

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]