Subject: New GCC available for testing (TRY 4) -- fixes include path problem
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:12:31 -0400

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 10:55:03AM -0700, Carl Thompson wrote:
>OK, I just tested this latest version and there is still a problem with
>includes.  The MinGW include paths are appended to the search list, but the
>POSIX include paths are not removed.  In cases where there is a Windows
>specific funtion with the same name as a different POSIX function, the wrong
>one is used.  The output of "gcc -v" I have attached demonstrates this as
>the compiler complains about mkdir(const char*, int) vs mkdir(const char*).

Thanks for trying this again.  I've changed the "idirafter"'s in the
specs file to "isystem"'s and it now finds the stuff in the mingw
directory first when -mno-cygwin is specified.

As I mentioned in another thread, this does not eliminate the searching
of the /usr/include directory because you need that to grab the
windows-specific headers that live there.  The current cygwin layout
mixes windows and "POSIX" header files in the same directory.

This means that if a -mno-cygwin program says '#include <sys/termios.h>'
it will find the cygwin version of termios.h.  This is as it has always
been, AFAIK, and I'm not going to try to redesign things to correct this
now.  If anyone wants strict separation, I suggest installing the mingw
version of gcc in a separate directory.

Anyway, I've uploaded a new tar ball with the above changes.  I've also included
the specs file that it uses in this message.  It should be the only
change to this distribution, if you want to try it.

cgf
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]