Subject: RE: SSH2 Server for Windows ?
From: Joe Lin <[email-masked]>
To: "'Noel L Yap'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:37:44 -0700

did you try using sshd from http://www.lexa.ru:8101/sos/  ?? who is also
compiled sshd using cygwin for nt?

Joe Lin
Network Engineer      
916.933.5412 x304
Electronic Freight Exchange, Corp.

-----Original Message-----
From: Noel L Yap [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 5:56 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: SSH2 Server for Windows ?

I've been able to use cygwin to build and run sshd2 (ie sshd-2.1.0 -- I'll
try
sshd-2.1.1 today) (although it may not be that secure since it uses the
cygwin
dll -- I'll see if I can statically link in cygwin later on).  I'm able to
ssh2
to the NT box and execute a command (eg "ssh2 nt-box pwd"), but I'm not able
to
do a plain ssh2 into the NT box -- I keep getting "Failed to allocate pty!".
I've gone through a lot of sites already saying to:
set CYGWIN=tty
grant rights to the user running sshd

but I've had no luck.  If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.  Does
it
have to run as a service?  How do I set it up to run under inetd?  What are
the
problems with this?  What are my alternatives (besides not using NT :) ?

Thanks,
Noel

[email-masked] on 06/13/2000 04:23:54 PM

Please respond to [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:   (bcc: Noel L Yap)
Subject:  RE: SSH2 Server for Windows ?

   Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has tried installing the SSH2 Server software for
Windows  ?   (Not the client software.)

I went to the following URL:   http://commerce.ssh.com/

They don't seem to have it.  Can any verify this.  I don't think there is a
binary file for SSH2 to act as the
Server for incoming ssh connections for the Windows O.S..  I hope I'm wrong,
if
so where can I download it ?

Thanks.

This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended
as
an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument
or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data
and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein
do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]