Subject: Re: Patch for path.cc & environ.cc
From: Carl Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: John Paulson <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:54:16 -0700

John Paulson wrote:

> ...

> I _can't_ be the only user of cygwin running into the problem of
> mixed directory separators in pathnames.  And in the position that
> remedying the source of mixed slashes is way more difficult than
> modifying cygwin.

If I am understanding you, there must be lots of software that suffers from
the same problem.  Think of all that Unix code that does something like
this:

   char datafile[MAXPATHLEN] = "";
   const char* home = getenv("HOME");
   if (home) strncpy(datafile, home, sizeof(datafile));
   strncat(datafile, "/.GnomoVision/config", sizeof(datafile));
   [ Do something with filename ]

If I understand correctly, wouldn't this run afoul of the problem if
the "HOME" environment variable were something like "C:\My Documents" ?  Or
am I not getting it?

> ...

> John Paulson

Carl Thompson

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]