Subject: Re: Background processes?
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 01:42:06 -0400

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 12:30:27AM -0400, cjs 2895 wrote:
>With the latest version of Cygwin, and some patches from Sergey
>Okhapkin to use as a reference, I've managed to build a version of
>the ssh 1.2.27 server for win98 that allows incoming ssh/scp for my windows 
>box. Woohoo!
>
>What I'd like to do now is change things so that I can have sshd
>started at boot time and just run in the background without taking up
>slots on the taskbar or system tray. I'd like to do something simular
>with a port of the ntp client/server.

Corinna Vinschen has been posting updates on her port of openssh here for
the last month or so.  It is possible to use this in conjunction with
her inetutils package to start up sshd.  Many people are doing this.

Search the mailing list archives for references to inetutils and openssh.
This should be easy to find.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]