Subject: Re: gcc can't find include files under Windows 2000
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 12:35:15 -0400

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 09:28:37AM -0700, Richard Stanton wrote:
>I just upgraded my PC from W95 to W2000, and gcc (latest net version) has in
>the process stopped being able to find include files specified using the -I
>command line flag.
>
>For example, my source file is in c:\projects\leases, and the include files
>are in c:\projects\h.
>
>Here's what happens:
>
>C:\projects\leases>gcc -c -I..\h estlease.c
>estlease.c:10: math.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:11: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:12: stdio.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:13: string.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:17: parse.h: No such file or directory
>
>C:\projects\leases>gcc -c -I\projects\h estlease.c
>estlease.c:10: math.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:11: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:12: stdio.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:13: string.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:17: parse.h: No such file or directory
>
>C:\projects\leases>gcc -c -I/projects/h estlease.c
>estlease.c:10: math.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:11: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:12: stdio.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:13: string.h: No such file or directory
>estlease.c:17: parse.h: No such file or directory
>
>Here's my mount table:
>
>C:\projects\leases>mount
>Device              Directory           Type         Flags
>c:\cygnus\bin       /usr/bin            user         binmode
>c:\cygnus\lib       /usr/lib            user         binmode
>c:\usr\local        /usr/local          user         binmode
>\\.\tape0:          /dev/st0            user         textmode
>\\.\tape1:          /dev/st1            user         textmode
>\\.\a:              /dev/fd0            user         textmode
>\\.\b:              /dev/fd1            user         textmode
>c:                  /                   user         textmode
>
>I think I've seen something like this discussed, but can't find it in the
>archives. Thanks for answering the same problem twice if so.

You probably need to do something like:

mount [-b] c:\cygwin /

I assume that your /usr directory is located there.

The -b is recommended, but optional.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]