Subject: How does setup.exe handle duplicate files?
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 11:08:31 -0400

Does setup.exe handle duplicate files correctly?  To be explicit, if
more than one tar.gz archive contain a file with the same name, does
setup.exe install the correct one?

I am posing the above question because there appears to be a lot of
files in common between gdb-20000608.tar.gz and tcltk.tar.gz:

    $ tar -xvzf gdb-20000608.tar.gz >/dev/null
    ...
    $ tar -xvzf tcltk.tar.gz >/dev/null
    tar: usr/lib/libtcl80.a: Could not create file: Permission denied
    tar: usr/lib/libtk80.a: Could not create file: Permission denied
    tar: usr/man/man1/itclsh.1: Could not create file: Permission denied
    tar: usr/man/mann/Archetype.n: Could not create file: Permission denied
    ...

The reason that the dups were not previously apparent was because all
of the files in gdb-20000415.tar.gz were writeable.

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]