Subject: Re: microsoft keyboard.sys
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:48:24 -0400

I'm not sure that this has much to do with Cygwin.  You probably should
be pursuing your interest in some generic Windows mailing list or
newsgroup.

cgf

On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 06:43:28PM -0400, Laszlo Vecsey wrote:
>I'm looking to create a dynamic keyboard layout that changes as you
>type, and works for all applications on the operating system. To do this,
>it looks like I'll have to create a replacement keyboard.sys file.
>
>I've tried running cygwin/mingw32 'nm' on it but it can't read anything.
>How can I extract the contents of a .sys file into a .a library, and
>create a new .sys driver with the functions that I need replaced?
>
>Also is anyone else aware of any keyboard layouts or programs that perhaps
>take qwerty and dvorak to a new level, by making even more of the common
>keys on the home row? As you type letters the keyboard layout would change
>to accomodate the most frequently used ones that are likely to come up
>next in the words you are typing. Even if the speed benefit and reduced
>strain turn out to be not that significant, it seems like an interesting
>brain tease and my hunch is it'll seem natural once you get lots of
>practice.
>
>I've checked the mummit khan pages but didn't see anything there. That
>site has been tremendously useful in the past for working with dll's, so
>I'm wondering how dissimilar .sys files are and how doable it is to
>extract them, then recreate them.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]