Subject: Re: mount's --change-cygdrive-prefix option (was Re: text / binary mounts (sorry))
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:36:51 -0400

I few spec level issues before I continue...

There is currently no way to remove the user or system path prefix
(except via the registry).  Hence, once the user path prefix is set,
the system path prefix can never have any effect (unless one hacks the
registry).  How should this missing functionality be realized?

1. Add a "--remove-cygdrive-prefix" to mount.
2. Add a "--remove-cygdrive-prefix" to umount.
3. Enhance mount's "--change-cygdrive-prefix" to accept a missing
   posixpath that indicates the appropriate path prefix should be
   removed.

Additionally, there is currently no way to display the current value
for the user and system path prefixes (except via the registry).
Should this functionality be added to the mount display?

Thanks,
Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]