Subject: RE: problems with latest Cygwin 1.1
From: "Parker, Ron" <[email-masked]>
To: Carl Thompson <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin List <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:57:20 -0500

>   gcc -g cet3.cxx -o cet3 -mno-cygwin -lstdc++

> produces the attached copious error output.

If you leave off the -lstdc++ it avoids linking against the libstd++.a which
does require cygwin1.dll.  It will pickup the <stream.h> implementation code
from elsewhere, libmingw.a I believe.  Sorry, I didn't pick up on this in my
earlier mail.

This just leaves one link error that I do not have time to resolve right
now:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/lib/libmin
gw32.a(main.o)(.text+0x8f):main.c: undefined reference to `WinMain@16'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I searched the list, but the "-Wl,-u,WinMain@16" solution that was
previously mentioned by Mumit Khan does not seem to work in this case.  He
is unavailable until mid-month and I am just trying to fill in where I can
while I am waiting on computers at work.

> Also, what happens if I want to use the math library in my app?  

When you compile with the -mno-cygwin switch it picks up the math routines
automatically from crtldll.dll via -lcrtldll.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]