Subject: Re: Problems with sed, make and NT4 in general
From: Ville Herva <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:35:48 +0300

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 12:44:56PM +0200, you [Simon Sparkes] claimed:
> 2. sed -f file always reports errors on commands but the same commands
> work fine on the command line.
>    Command Example: s/abc/def/ fails in a file with the error "sed: file
> file line 1 Unknown option to 's'" but is the same command is fine on
> the command line. e.g. sed -e 's/abc/def/'

That's because sed uses mmap for reading the supplied by -f. With mmap,
cygwin does not do the CR/LF conversion (AFAIK). So sed sees option '^M'
for s// and barfs.

I think I could make a patch for that... 

> 3. The NT4 version seems to have significant delays starting any cygwin
> based program, but not Windows 2000

Make sure you don't have any network drives in your path or anything like
that.

> This message contains confidential information and is intended only 
> for the individual named.  

Sendmail is for mail, named is for dns.

-- v --

[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]