Subject: Re: File name syntax (WAS: RE: FW: Can not config sshd)
From: "Andy Hare" <[email-masked]>
To: "Sourceware Mail List" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Chris Faylor cygnus-cygwin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 10:36:32 +0100

Chris,

    I too have suffered the problems with make failing when a // is used in
the path. However my problem was due to mounting another drive on the root
file system and using the file://e/ as the descriptor. The make process
would
fail. I have not tried using e: as the descriptor as I figured that e: was
not the Unix way to describe the disk. The make file was called with the
mount path but this was translated into the file://e name ether by make or
by
bash calling make. Either way it caused make a headache. Make would stop
retreating out of sub-directories and would eventually fail.

    I was actually trying to get the temporary build directory onto an empty
disk away from the root disk to give me more space. This was under b20.1 as
I haven't had the nerve to move to the latest net release yet. Waiting for
all the fuss to die down before I mess with a working system, I've made that
mistake before.

Andy Hare

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]